My beautiful Ursa girl

My beautiful Ursa girl
A truly one of a kind, amazing and special dog

Monday, November 15, 2010

One week later...

It's been a week since we lost my beautiful baby girl, Ursa, to malignant melanoma cancer.  The house has been very quiet... too quiet.  I find myself eerily calm for some reason. And my lack of emotion has been a bit of a bother this week.  I thought I would be more upset, crying all the time at the loss of my best fur-friend.

Perhaps it is the release of her pain?  I know she is not suffering now.  Maybe it's because deep down, inside of me, I feel that she is still with me?  So many people have told me that even though her body is gone, her spirit lives on.  She is still beside me.  I want with all my heart to know this is true. I just wish that I had a sign, or proof.  I wish I knew why I felt so numb.

Sometimes when I turn the corner, I swear I see her there, waiting for a treat.  Waiting for me.  I do miss her so much.  There is no other dog like her.  She truly was one of a kind, a real hell-raiser.  She demanded attention, demanded respect, demanded love.  And I so willingly loved her with all of my heart.

Here is a photo of Ursa when I visited her before bringing her home to be part of my family.  She was a very young puppy.  She was so young we had to wear gloves to hold her!


And here is a photo of Ursa, with me, about two years ago.  


She truly was my baby girl.  Seeing her photos leave a hole in my heart.  A void, something is missing... her joyful nature and her love of life.  Ursa taught me SO many lessons.  I once spoke to an animal communicator who told me Ursa wanted me to share her story... to write a story or book about her. And I am going to... I have a few ideas. Just need to find the time, and the heart, to do so.  I will definitely keep everyone updated on this.  She had MANY lessons to share with the world.  

Ursa helped me on my mission for my own life.  My love for her pushed me to create the e-zine, www.missionpets.com/magazine.html.  It was this unconditional love for her, and concern for her and other animals, that drove me to follow my passion and my heart and become the founder of Mission PETS.  I will be making a special dedication for her in the Winter/Holiday issue launching December 1. 

My sweet Ursa, I love you and miss you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment