My beautiful Ursa girl

My beautiful Ursa girl
A truly one of a kind, amazing and special dog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A random Monday became a day I will never forget.

On Monday, November 8, 2010 at 3 PM EST I lost my best friend and sidekick to malignant melanoma.  It's been a very hard day, with everything reminding me of her. She was beside me night and day, and now my only physical memory of her is her hair on the floor, and the poop outside I stepped on on accident today.  I wasnt even mad I stepped in poop; I was sad that that is all that remains of my darling girl.  And the hair on the floor? I watched with puppy dog eyes as my husband vacuumed it up to clean the house today.  

I keep telling myself that being sad and crying wont change anything.  But it is so hard.  She was so special to me.  I cannot wait to share her story on this blog and keep her memory alive. And in her honor, I am teaming up with a nonprofit whose name I will disclose soon to raise money for people who cannot afford cancer related vet bills.  Facing this horrible disease is bad enough; having to worry about being able to afford the bills to help your canine friend just makes it ten times harder.  I understand this; Ursa's bills put us in debt.  But I could NEVER imagine saying no to something that could help her because of money... mere pieces of paper compared to her precious life.

When I have time in the days to come, I will be writing more.  Until then, kiss your furry friends and love them up! Their time here is way too short.

1 comment:

  1. It's been two months today that we lost Rudy. I so understand what you are going through...even down to the dog hair and poop. I sat and cried today holding his collar.

    And I can relate the debt from trying to help your pet. If Rudy had had a cancer that was treatable, I had no idea how we were going to pay for it. Without treatment, just his diagnosis alone cost us over 1500.00. If you can help others with funding for treatments for their fur-babies, that would be wonderful. I look forward to hearing about this and the non-profit group you will be working with!

    ReplyDelete